MEASURING YOUR WINDOW FOR CURTAINS .
If you have a rail with a center overlap, measure the rail as above then measure the overlap and add the two measurements together.
- Fabric - The type of fabric and design you choose.
- Styling/Heading - The type of heading you choose e.g. eyelet, pencil tape.
- Curtain drop - The length of drop you choose e.g. sill length, below sill or floor length.
Curtain MeasurementsIt is important you enter the correct measurements to ensure the curtains are made to the exact requirements, the information required is ;-
Width to achieve the correct width, the size of the track or pole is required.
We recommend that any track/pole should be fitted 15cm - 30cm either side of the window recess to allow curtains when open to be pulled back away from the window.
- Curtain Track - ensure you measure the width of curtain track and not the window.
- Curtain Pole - ensure you measure the width of the pole, excluding the finials.
If choosing Eyelet Heading - the drop measurement should be taken from the top of the pole - please ensure you add 3cm to the drop for the fabric allowance visible above the pole.
Deciding on curtain length is down to personal preference, however there are three basic lengths you may wish to choose from :-
- Sill length - The curtain should be approximately 1cm above the sill or sitting on the sill.
- Below sill length - The curtain should be 15 cm below the sill or 3cm above the radiator.
- Floor length - The curtain should be 1cm above the floor or pooled.